Having received unconditional planning permission, and after extensive fundraising, the actual building works commenced in early July 2019 with the hope that this will be completed by the end of 2019. This involves a major extension to the premises to provide a new entrance and welcome area to the right and front of the main building, together with other improvements and general updating.
Our vision is that this investment will enable us to increase our involvement in, and impact on, the local community. It will be a key point of contact for those in need and a resource for social interaction. It will improve our ability to accommodate an increasing number of adults, children and young people who we support and have contact with throughout the week.
The building improvements will provide:
- a new well-lit entrance and welcome area with a new permanent café area and servery
- new access direct from this area into the church hall itself with a new glazed and sliding acoustic wall
- an enlarged and purpose designed commercial kitchen
- improved limited mobility and wheelchair-friendly access via the new entrance and to other rooms (all DDA compliant)
- refurbished accessible toilet
- a new, more efficient heating system
- improvements to the lighting and AV facilities
We have retained the regular input from our architects and site visits and site valuations are scheduled for the expected duration of this project. Regular reviews and updates will be provided by them and their reports can be accessed through the link below.
The total VAT inclusive cost has been professionally estimated to be in the region of £450,000. If you feel you would like to make a donation, of any size, towards the costs of this project, or have any other questions, please use the contact box below or alternatively you can give using the Virgin Moneygiving site here, which has replaced the scheme previously offered through MyDonate.