Having received unconditional planning permission, and after extensive fundraising, the actual building works commenced in early July 2019 and effectively completed in early February 2020. This involved a major extension to the premises to provide a new entrance and welcome area to the right and front of the main building, together with other improvements and general updating.
The building improvements have provided:
- a new well-lit entrance and welcome area with a new permanent café area and servery
- new access directly from this area into the church hall itself with a new glazed and folding acoustic wall
- an enlarged and purpose-designed commercial kitchen
- improved limited mobility and wheelchair-friendly access via the new entrance and to other rooms (all DDA compliant)
- refurbished accessible toilet
- a new, more efficient heating system
- improvements to the lighting and AV facilities
Our vision is that this investment will enable us to increase our involvement in, and impact on, the local community but the full realization of this has been restricted by the adverse impact of the coronavirus pandemic. The COVID-19 restrictions came into effect immediately after the first Sunday in March when we moved back into the refurbished and extended premises.
We have now restarted Church Services in our refurbished hall, following all the current COVID-19 guidelines. If you would like to join us on a Sunday morning please complete the form here so that we can ensure that we have enough space for everyone to attend safely.
Our new Cafe will be reopening in November 2020. Our Cafe page will be updated will all the information about our reopening in the near future.