Having received unconditional planning permission we hope to commence and finish in 2019, we hope to commence and complete a major extension to the premises to provide a new entrance and welcome area to the right and front of the main building, together with other improvements and general updating.
Our vision is that this investment will enable us to increase our involvement in, and impact on, the local community. It will be a key point of contact for those in need and a resource for social interaction. It will improve our ability to accommodate an increasing number of adults, children and young people who we support and have contact with throughout the week.
The building improvements will provide:
- a new well-lit entrance and welcome area with a new permanent café area
- new access direct from this area into the church hall itself with a new glazed and sliding acoustic wall
- an enlarged and purpose designed commercial kitchen
- improved limited mobility and wheelchair-friendly access to the main hall and to other rooms (all DDA compliant)
- new accessible toilet
- a new, more efficient heating system
The total VAT inclusive cost has been professionally estimated to be £350,000 – £375,000. To date (November 2018) £240,000 has been raised towards this. Further fundraising is taking place, including: donations from the church congregation and others closely involved with us; external trust funding; personal short term loans. If you feel you would like to make a donation, of any size, towards the costs of this project, or have any other questions, please use the contact box below or alternatively you can give using the MyDonate site here
For further information please also see our Design and Access Statement available Here